Endocrine Fellows Series: Type 1 Diabetes Care and Management
Meeting Website: https://www.endocrine.org/T1Dfellows
Dates: March 19 - 21, 2019
Location: New Orleans, LA , United States
Intended Audience: , Early Career
Number of CME Credits Offered: 17
Endocrine Fellows Series: Type 1 Diabetes Care and Management is a comprehensive conference for adult and pediatric endocrine fellows interested in type 1 diabetes (T1D). The unique and highly-sought after program is an opportunity learn from leaders in the field through interactive sessions. The curriculum is specially designed to support early career endocrinologists by enhancing skills with comprehensive education not typically taught in fellowship and providing the opportunity to connect with thought-leaders and peers.
The conference will be held March 19–21, 2019 as a preconference event to the Endocrine Society's Annual Meeting & Expo (ENDO) to be held March 23–26, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Fellows accepted to the program receive a travel stipend and housing to attend the fellows’ conference, held March 19–21, 2019, and complimentary registration to ENDO 2019—the world’s largest endocrine meeting—held March 23–26, 2019.
All fellows must apply to be considered.
Key Dates and Information:
- Open to all adult and pediatric endocrine fellows worldwide
- Travel stipend and housing for the conference is included
- Complimentary registration to ENDO 2019 is included
- Call for applications: August 27–November 7, 2018
- Award notices sent: November 30, 2018
- Opening evening reception and keynote: March 19, 2019
- Comprehensive conference: March 20–21, 2019
The application period for the 2019 Endocrine Fellows Series: Type 1 Diabetes Care and Management conference is closed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about applications.
Applications for the 2020 conference will open in August 2019. Adult and pediatric endocrine fellows worldwide that are interested in improving T1D care and management are encouraged to apply.
- Receive a travel stipend and housing to attend the conference from March 19–21, 2019
- Receive complimentary registration to ENDO 2019 from March 23–26, 2019
- Meet and learn from thought-leaders on topics that include T1D diagnosis, hypoglycemia prevention, insulin therapy, sick day management, exercise, diabetes technology, and patient communication
- Participate in a comprehensive curriculum specially designed to support early career endocrinologists through engaging discussions and opportunities to connect with thought-leaders and peers
The conference is open to all endocrine fellows with an interest in improving T1D care and management. Current full or part-time faculty members are ineligible. Past conference attendees are ineligible. Endocrine Society membership is not required; however, preference may be given to current members. Consider checking your membership prior to submission.
At the time of submission, applicants must have:
- Obtained an MD or DO degree, or equivalent
- Be actively enrolled as a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year fellow in an accredited fellowship training program in adult or pediatric endocrinology.
Call for applications opens on Monday, August 27, 2018. Deadline for the online application is 11:59 PM pacific standard time on November 7, 2018. All applicants must complete/submit the following:
- Complete the online application form (coming August 27, 2018)
- Provide a letter of recommendation from the applicant’s Program Director
- Submit a personal statement of interest of 2000 characters or less (approximately 300 words or less) that highlights
- Your interests in and/or relationship to T1D and
- How you believe the conference will impact your career in endocrinology
- A new Federal regulation called the Physician Payments Sunshine Act requires certain transfers of value to physicians be reported to the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Therefore, the Endocrine Society now requires all participants to provide both their National Provider Identifier (NPI) number and state license number when applicable.
Irl B. Hirsch, MD
Professor of Medicine
University of Washington School of Medicine
Linda M. Siminerio, RN, PhD
Professor of Medicine
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Phone: 202.736.9704 or 1.888.363.6274